Re: [K12OSN] Apache

From the windows box, try telneting to port 80 on the Apache box, like so:

C:\> telnet 192.168.0.56 80

(Be sure to substitute the correct address for your Apache server, but keep the 80 part).

You may or get something like this:

Trying 192.168.0.56...
Connected to 192.168.0.56.
Escape character is '^]'.

or you may get nothing. In either case, try this next:

get index.html

You should see a bunch of HTML code scroll by. If all that works, then something is screwy with IE (see Tom Ventresco's message). If the above things don't work, then you've got some sort of networking problem between the boxes--but that seems unlikely at this point since you can ping the web server from the clients.

Petre

Jennifer Waters wrote:
I tried typing the IP address for the webpage name and
it would not come up.  I pinged the server from the
windows box and it connected.  I then looked at the
/var/log/httpd/error_log and it did not see the
request from the windows machine.  Any other
suggestions you might have?

Thank you for your help.

Jennifer