Re: [K12OSN] Broadcast message

Ok....I think it's time we find a way to do this and incorporate it as a
feature in something like TeacherTool.  It has been brought up way too
many times.  This is a feature in Windows Terminal Server 2003 and should
be in K12ltsp as well if we can figure it out.  Any ideas?

What it needs....

A GUI interface to type in the message.

A "winpopup" style message that pops to the top (front) of the desired
users desktop

and a nice feature would be the ability to kill or cancel the message by
the admin...or perhaps a timed feature

Friday, October 29, 2004 at 7:54 AM +0000 wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>I am running rh9 with ltsp 3 and have gnome, now what i want is to
>broadcat a message to all terminals(users) logged in at that time, how
>can i acheive this??
>
>i have tried xmessage,wall but...

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator