[K12OSN] Selective floppy access

Hi,

We're starting to encounter a problem with the floppyd function. Recently, without there being any changes to the system cedrtain thin-client cannot access the local floppy drive. Message is permission denied, but when I check both the lts.conf and the workstation permissions these are no different from the other workstation that can access the local floppy....... any suggestions
K12LTSP V4.0.1
Server P-IV 2.8GHz, 2GB, 2x 80GB SATA HD
Workstations - Compaq P-I mix of 5175 to 5166
NIC 3-Com 905

and no its not a certain box but a mix of ws's..... ?

thks
norbert