Re: [K12OSN] Definitive guide to editing gnome menus?

So how about KDE? What do people think of KDE as a window/menu manager? Or should I just stick with Icewm?

Pete wrote:
Debbie Schiel wrote:

Hi Bimal, and thanks for your tips. I gave them a go (step by step, no errors produced) but they have had no effect.
You say that it works for redhat linux 9.0 with gnome2.
I am using Fedora Core 2 with whatever came as default with k12ltsp 4.1.0 - is that the same as your setup? If it is then I must be doing something wrong and I will try it again, otherwise it means that this method doesn't work with K12ltsp 4.1.0.

Thanks again,

Debbie

AFAIK gnome menu editing is broke in gnome 2.6 (2.4 LTSP 4.0 works I did it!)
I tried the same with gnome 2.6 but NO joy :-(

I ended up by giving everybody the same restricted menu except when they belong to 'root' group.
The 'stupid' but effective thing I did...
making the .desktop files NOT readable by others
.desktop files can be found in /usr/share/applications (and other dir.)

Pete