Re: [K12OSN] Internet connection

We'd be using it only for email and web access, no streaming video. I'll check into web proxying.

On Oct 31, 2004, at 1:35 PM, Dan Young wrote:

Lee Myrick said:
I'm interested to know what type of internet connection people are
using for a 30-40 client project. I would think things would bog down
terribly with a typical DSL connection, but I don't have experience
with this, so I don't really know.

I'd think this would depend entirely on the nature of the users' internet use (e-mail, web, streaming video?) and the DSL connection (128kb up/256kb down, 1.5mb both ways?).

Web proxying via Squid and a caching nameserver could mitigate slowness
somewhat, particularly if users would be visiting the same web sites w/
lots of static content.

Leland Myrick Information Services Administrator Renaissance Arts Academy lee renarts org http://www.renarts.org