[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Windows Terminal Server 2003

Doug Gough dgough at papcs.com
Wed Sep 1 23:42:58 UTC 2004

Intriguing idea. How about this....

Make several rdp icons on the linux user's desktop, each one calling a
different batch file on the 2003 server, but logging in with the regular
user's credentials. The batch files would launch the application. Kinda
hard to explain, but something like this:

rdp 111.222.333.444 -s nameofbatchfile.bat

This way (I'm kinda groping in the dark) wouldn't the person be asked
for normal authentication, but then automatically run the batch file
after they log in? If the batch files contained the commands to start
your program, then you could have several rdp icons on the user's
desktop that called different batch files to launch different
programs.....maybe....I haven't actually tried this.

Doug Gough