[K12OSN] dansguardian and squid won't play together

Duane Wilson aaa at pacifier.com
Fri Sep 3 04:28:35 UTC 2004

Ron Freidel wrote:

>I assume you have squid.conf configured to work with your local network.

Don't know exactly what that means - configured to work with your local
network

>Here's the important stuff from one of my installations where I have
>transparent filtering working...
>httpd_accel_host virtual
>httpd_accel_with_proxy on
>httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
>acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>acl manager proto cache_object
>acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
>acl our_network src 192.168.30.0/24

The 192.168.30.0/24 is specific to your instilation?
Is that your local network?
My local network is 192.168.1.0

Another really basic question:
   In squid.conf there are multiple references to default settings - all
of which are commented out!  Do I need to uncomment them to make the
default work or do these settings work without being explicitly
designated in the conf file?

Thanks,
Duane Wilson