[K12OSN] Mondo fails in 4.1....won't go...ideas?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Sep 4 14:58:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 09:36, David Trask wrote:
> "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
> writes:
> >It's modprobe.conf for the 2.6 kernel.
> so do you think a symlink will solve it?

If it doesn't you may need an update to mondo.  I would guess
that it has to do approximately the same thing as
mkinitrd does to build a ramdisk that will provide all the
modules you need to boot the machine.  I haven't tried
mondo, mostly because knoppix and the current fedora
install disks will do a bare-metal boot on most hardware
and then let you get to a shell where you can format the
disks and drop in a tar backup over the network.  If
you understand fdisk, mke2fs, and tar you can rebuild
on somewhat different hardware or with different disk
partitioning.  My impression of mondo was that it just
put things back the way they were.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com