[K12OSN] Dansguardian and squid wont play together

Ron Freidel rfreidel at computergeex.com
Tue Sep 7 14:31:34 UTC 2004

For Dansguardian/Squid I put it on a firewall box running iptables,
this is what I use to transparently route all users through DG/Squid.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
8080
iptables -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp -s ! 127.0.0.1 --dport 3128 -j DROP

Most teachers request that their computers be unrestricted so I usually have
to control that through dansguardian itself.