[K12OSN] NFS /home options

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Sep 8 00:46:39 UTC 2004

I'm no expert...I'm simply passing along what I do and what someone
recommended to me (possibly Eric?)

10.0.0.234:/home        /home                   nfs
defaults,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

Works for me....I export /home from my Samba/LDAP server.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>As I'm using NFS extensively this year, I'm curious if anyone has advice
>on what I should put at the end of my /etc/fstab lines... By that I mean,
>here's my existing entry for mounting /home:
>
>192.168.33.1:/home      /home                   nfs     defaults        0
>0
>
>I'm sure "0 0" is not what I should be using, but what on earth are
>advantages/disadvantages to setting that different?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us