[K12OSN] NIC swap in LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 9 13:33:40 UTC 2004

I posted this problem before but let me re-outline it for everyone.  I
have a new Dell with a Gigabit NIC onboard and a 10/100 NIC PCI card.
Problem is when 4.1.0 loads it detects my NIC's in an undesirable order
defaulting my Gigabit NIC for internet and the 10/100 for the LTSP
network.  I need this of course in opposite order.  Les recommended me
to swap aliases in /etc/modules.conf and reboot and all should be well.
But the only modules.conf I can find is under opt/ltsp/etc/yadda/yadda.
So what would the next suggestion be?  I tried to just reassign the Gig
NIC with the proper static 192.168.0.254 and the 10/100 with DHCP on
load, but that just makes things stupid.  The K12LTSP must defaultly
configure based on interface names such as eth0 and eth1 on load which I
am unable to change until after the fact.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as of right now my Gig
switch and NIC are fairly useless.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188