[K12OSN] MailScanner Blacklist

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Sep 10 14:42:42 UTC 2004

> 	Well, restarting the Server didn't fix it. Any other Ideas????

Okay here is what you would need to do assuming the answer to my last
email was yes.  Now depending on how your postfix is setup you may not
have a separate instance for incoming and outgoing, in that case change
any place I have "/etc/postfix.in" to "/etc/postfix" and things should
work.  I will just outline the steps quick, first modify your main.cf to
use a client access table (you can google client_access to get a list of
commands and explanations, I will show you how to prevent a user from
connecting).  Then create the file client_access and enter your IP's
each on a new line followed by a tab and then the action to take.  Next
issue the postmap command on the file, and last restart MailScanner.

# vi /etc/postfix.in/main.cf
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix.in/client_access

# vi /etc/postfix.in/client_access
204.248.118.23	DISCARD
206.230.105.4	DISCARD