[K12OSN] X login not starting

Dale Harkness dharkness at nsd2.com
Tue Sep 14 14:27:12 UTC 2004

I have about 30 clients connecting to my server.  Everything so far has
been fine.  All machines are up and running, but i had one machine that
needed to be rebooted.  after doing so it boots into and seems to be
starting the X login screen for Gnome, but i see nothing but a grey
screen with an X for a mouse cursor.  i rebooted another machine and it
did the same thing.  other clients are in and woriking fine, but i fear
when i reboot them they will not.  anyone know what the problem might
be?  i checked my lts.conf file and my video driver is set correctly, so
i really have no clue at this point.  and they are getting the correct
ip address info via the tail /var/log/messages command.  thanks.

dale