[K12OSN] OpenMosix? Could it help my CPU issue?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Sep 15 14:04:01 UTC 2004

If security isn't an issue, you could use rsh to call the app on the app
server.  The tricky part is getting the DISPLAY variable set correctly,
dynamically.  SSH does this for you automatically, so that's its
advantage but then you have to deal with the keys.  I recall reading
that Dave Richards of the City of Largo, FL said that they use dedicated
app servers for *all* their apps, and they call them using rsh; so you
might contact him to ask for the syntax they use to do so.

Petre