[K12OSN] Kinda OT - Imaging Macs

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Sep 17 13:10:33 UTC 2004

Brad Smith wrote:
> Does a solution
> exist that can be booted from a Mac floppy disk and doesn't involve
> manually transplanting drives to an imaging PC?

Well, if you can get a small debian (or other) floppy disk to boot, you
can use dd to image one drive to another, but you'd still have to
transplant the drive into the imaging G3...  (unless I'm
misunderstanding your setup)

I don't know how to do what you desire with any MACOS -- but David Trask
I think has mentioned a few things they do in Maine, home of the billion
iBooks, to image drives quickly.

If a macintoshOS solution is your desire, I can't help, sorry!

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director