[K12OSN] remote login

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 22 15:01:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:42, Petre Scheie wrote:
> I don't know if this can be done with a Windows
> box.  With those things in place, you can do this:
>
>  From the remote location (where you'll be standing when doing your
> presentation) at a shell prompt, type
>
> ssh -C -L 3700:k12lstpbox:5900 ipcopbox

Yes, you can do this with a windows box. If you install the
cygwin version of ssh the command line would be the same, or
you can do it with putty.  On the other hand if you are
using linux vncviewer you can use the -via ssh_host option
and it will do the port forwarding setup for you.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com