[K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 22 21:12:36 UTC 2004

Henry,

Thanks, and my real bad for posting before I exhausted all my possibilities.

I took the how-to suggested by John Simovic, and applied it word-for-word -
didn't work.  But, moving through the various samba-winbind-ads-related
files, I made changes (e.g. used IP address of DC in smb.conf and krb5.conf
instead of FQDN; used idmap uid = 16777216-33554431 and idmap gid =
16777216-33554431 [this was the original setup default] rather than idmap
uid = 10000-20000 and idmap gid = 10000-20000 in smb.conf) and ... it works!
I will cautiously try this setup on a "production test" machine as opposed
to my "test test" machine, although this next one will CentOS (RHEL AS 3).

And I will add your line to my rc.local.

I feel a bit like the boy who cried (not wolf, just cried), and hope I
didn't use up all of my goodwill.

Many thanks to you and John.

Regards,

Diggy