[K12OSN] Upgrade woes -- backspace key no longer works

ssanders at coin.org ssanders at coin.org
Sun Sep 26 00:11:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 13:56, Rita Gibson wrote:
> Hello everyone:  School is out and we decided to upgrade to the latest
> and greatest. Calvin tells me it is known as 4.1.0 alpha 7 (I think it
> is FC2).

hi all, similar story here. upgraded from k12osn 3.1.x to the FC2 one.
upgrade overall went very well, nice to see the newer default stuff. on
all terminals backspace acts like delete key, delete key is unchanged. i
know this is 'the unix way' from days of yore, but my users are
unimpressed.

it seems to be an X issue on the terminals, Ctl-Alt-F1 on the server to
a plain console window, and it doesn't do it, nor does X session on the
server.  dmesg doesn't show anything very errant. any suggestions?

TIA