[K12OSN] CPU or Memory

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Sun Sep 26 14:00:37 UTC 2004

Liam Marshall wrote:

>So now, instead of changing two things, cpus and memory, I basically
>have a dual cpu machine, and 2.5 GB.  I plan to try out the system under
>load with the students on Monday, seeing as how I have no choice.
>Replacement ram will take at least a week to arrive.  By the end of the
>day on Monday I will know whether doubling the cpu's solved the entire
>issue.  If it does, I will get my money back for the ram and leave it at
>that.  If it helps, but not enough, I will go for the ram to
>
>If anyone is interested I will post results Monday night.

I'm interested! I am also interested in knowing what kind of setup you
have network-wise. Do you have:
hub/switch?
standard switch/Gig-E switch?
10Mbit/100Mbit/1000Mbit cards?

Tuxtype is graphics intensive and therefore *very* bandwidth intensive.
It is normal that there is a slowdown with lots of clients using tuxtype
at the same time ...

but I'm still interested in the OO results :)

pantz

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!