[K12OSN] Remote X Session from Windows XP Client

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 16:02:00 UTC 2004

The standard cygwin install with x-windows is real
big. There was a project on Sourceforge called
winxterm that was a minimalist cygwin x-server. I
grabed the files off their site before the project
went under. here is the link:

http://www.chris-thomas.org/winxterm/

First install the cygwin and then the x-server. then
configure the winxterm.sh file for your server's IP.
Edit the shortcut so it points to the right
directories and stuff.

I use winxterm all the time to connect to my k12 box
when im on windows.