[K12OSN] email problems

Tom Kovalcik kovalcik at orion-design.com
Wed Sep 29 19:21:46 UTC 2004

Not a K12LTSP problem, but I am hoping someone else has experienced
this. My K12 server also serves roaming profiles to win2k workstations
and provides domain authentication via Samba and smbpasswd. It is
running a RH9 version of K12 software and samba-2.2.7a-8.9.0.  When some
users try to start a mail program (either outlook express or
thunderbird) the hourglass comes up for a couple seconds, disappears and
..... nothing. No windows open, no error, nothing. At first I thought it
was some kind of permission problem but all the files in the profile on
the server seem to have the same permissions as other users that can use
the same programs.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

--
Thomas Kovalcik
Orion Design Technologies
kovalcik at orion-design.com