[K12OSN] A performance question

I want to set up a simple LAMP server, and I have the K12LTSP CDs handy. Is there any reason I shouldn't use them to load up my sever? I was going to go ahead and let it set load the LTSP goodies along the way so that I could have such niceties as the seamless VNC integration. Will this adversely affect system performance? Does the LTSP setup eat up RAM/CPU cycles even when there are no clients attached?

--
C-ya,
Mark