[K12OSN] evolution

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Apr 4 03:07:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 21:43 -0400, bear2bar at netscape.net wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> Thanks for the info however there are some obstacles !!
> 1) Evo 1.4 does not have an export function
> 2) In the process of upgrading my server from k12ltsp 4.1.1 to 4.2.1 it was destroyed I only have the content of the directories
> 3) The files in those dirs cannot be read/imported by evo 2.0.2

Past mails are kept in a single file in mbox format.  The path to these
is different in Evo 2.x.x compared to previous versions (as far as I can
tell).  Just dig deep and look for these mbox files in your old Evo
directories (can't remember some example pathways at the moment because
mine are on an old drive sitting on the office shelf).  When you find
them, these are the ones you need to select when doing an import of a
_single file_ in Evo 2.x.x- using the import process I explained before.
As a clue to finding them, make sure you can see hidden files in your
chosen file manager and start to look
under /home/[usernmae]/.evolution/....

> That said I did find a quick way of getting the contacts transferred.
> 1) Select all contacts in Evo 1.4
> 2) From "Actions" select Forward Contact
> 3) Send email to yourself
> 4) Retrieve attachment
> 5) In Evo 2.0.2 select import
> 6) From single file & point to attachment
> 7) Select vcard
> 8) And that's it !!!
>
> I just wish the rest was as easy

Yeh, that's the "export" as vcard that I was writing about :-).  Glad
you worked it out.

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester