[K12OSN] Looking for video performance solutions

Adam Reitsma areitsma at littletonschools.org
Mon Apr 4 12:33:55 UTC 2005

Ahh yes, that looks like the problem.  I forgot when the server moved,
the link changed from a local site being 100 to a 10 Base over fiber.  I
just tested at the new site where the server is and much better on the
10/100 network.

So our 3 fiber uplinks to other buildings will have to be upgraded most
likely.  At the same time I know the director of technology's vision is
to have 4-5 terminals per classroom which will help justify upgrading
the backbone hardware to a gigabit solution.  Probably looking at
implementing around 250 terminals at our Alternative, Middle, and High
School District.

What's the ratios usually to client per server - 50 terminals per
server?

Anyway, just some side notes, but thanks for the feedback...

Adam R.
areitsma at littletonschools.org