Re: [K12OSN] V-4.2.0 Problem installing

I hate to admit it but I have never used NFS installation but I have read about it. Will give it a try...thanks.

Petre Scheie wrote:

I've also run into this problem a few times over the years. So far, the best solution I've found is to use the NFS installation, in which you put the ISO image files for the CDs into a directory on another Linux box, export that directory, boot the server-to-be with disk 1 and type 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, and when it asks what method to use, choose NFS and point it at the box with the ISO files.

Petre

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

I keep running into a problem loading the 4.2.0. On disk 2 the package 'xorg-x11-6.8.1-12.FC3.21 cannot be opened...". I downloaded Disc2 again and burned it (2 times) and still stops. Is anyone else having this problem? Or, any suggestions?

You know here and there I have the same problem. Not necessarily the same version or same file but the same problem. I usually attribute it to an older or dirty CDROM. Most of the time if I grab a CDROM from a different machine or one I know has worked in the past things install just fine and no errors. I see this more often with a DVD drive, and even when a 40 pin ribbon is used where a 80 pin should be, and vice versa.

So I wouldn't necessarily assume your media or download files are the problem. Howver you could run the md5 checksum to be sure your source file is up to par before burning (if you haven't already).