Re: [K12OSN] Can someone tell me two things?

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:40, John P. Conlon wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  Will the resync overwrite the home folder in
> the other machine?  I need to keep it intact because it has a
> different set of users.

It will only overwrite exactly matching filenames unless you add the
--delete option to remove files that don't exist on the source side.
If the other set of users have different login names you won't affect
them.  However you probably have conflicting uid numbers so you'll
have to do some hand-tweaking of the /etc/passwd file to fix this
and follow it up with a 'chown -R' on each home directory if you
intend to merge a user base that was added separately to different
machines.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com