Re: [ok-mail] [K12OSN] weird squidguard problem

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 19:39, Ascension Tech wrote:
> I can't for the life of me figure this one out.  I'm trying to add
> sites to be blocked.  I've tried adding them to the local-block domain
> and url files but they won't block. Other sites in the lists block,
> just not the two that I've added. I've restarted the squidguard and
> httpd services and the permissions are OK.  What the heck am I doing
> wrong?

Hi Peter,

OK, for what it is worth I can't find in comment on this on the squidguard
site. But my memory is that the domain and url lists have to be in
alphabetical order. I always sort the local-block lists after I add new
records.

sort <infile> -o <outfile>

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol uscom com (Drakmere)