Re: [K12OSN] dhcpd.conf overwritten

At 23:00 06.04.2005, Gideon Romm wrote:
Hello, all. I have received some reports from folks operating K12LTSP who have performed a yum update, that the dhcpd.conf file is overwritten by the new K12 RPMs. If this happens on a production server with the SMS or SWM, you should be able to recover your old file from /etc/dhcpd.conf.symbiont.save.0 (which would be the last most recent one since its been changed).

I got that problem! A new /etc/dhcpd.conf - file without all my configurations. But I found the old dhcpd.conf files saved as /etc/dhcpd.conf.rpmsave (I think it was that name) and could copy information from that to the running config file.

The way I noticed the problem was that noone of the old computers with old mouse (seriell) or S 3 graphics card got problems during the boot.

Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

*** Bjørn Roger Rasmussen (http://www.brr.no/)