Re: [K12OSN] Upgrading firefox

Robert,

Thanks this seams to have done it. I was trying to update the existing script and that was not working. I'll see if the users have any problems.

Thanks again

Lewis

On Apr 6, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

On Apr 6, 2005 10:10 AM, Lewis Holcroft <lewis pcc com> wrote:
I want to make /usr/bin/firefox launch the new firefox. If I update the
directory variable in the /usr/bin/firefox file, firefox does not
launch. I tried to link /usr/bin/firefox to
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2/firefox and I get library errors.

You could do it like this. Copy /usr/bin/firefox as /usr/bin/firefox-original cp /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-original Then make a tiny bash script

======
#!/bin/bash
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2/firefox

======

Save it as /usr/bin/firefox then make it executable

chmod 755 /usr/bin/firefox

It's dirty but it should work. Personally I use icewm and just change
the menu item or icon to point to the version of Firefox I want.

BTW don't forget to create the links in your 1.02 firefox plugins dir
for flash and java

--
Robert Arkiletian