Re: [K12OSN] (no subject)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 01:35:02PM -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> I remember seeing someone out here saying that VideoLAN is awesome for
> playing digital media.  I tried to install it via rpm and of course am
> missing loads of dependancies.
>
> Anyone know the quickest way to get this installed?  I am running
> K12LTSP 4.2.1 and don't exactly have the new yum configuration figured
> out.  From what it looks like if I add freshmeat to yum it should
> install fine.  But I haven't seen a good recommendation on how to add
> them to the new verion of yum.

I installed it by incorporating the "dag" repository, then doing
"yum -y install videolan-client".

Here's my /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo

[dag]
name=Dag APT Repository
baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
  http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
  http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
enabled=0
#gpgcheck=1

DAG says that if there conflicts between his files and other repositories,
that the blame is with other repositories.

But - to make my life easier - I just "--enablerepo=dag" only when I want
to install/upgrade videolan-client.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge