Re: [K12OSN] VideoLAN Client

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 02:50:16PM -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Well thanks to Calvin I now have the videolan-client installed.  But it
> crashes after just about everything.  I can't even change skins without
> it crashing.

In the words of the immortal Bart Simpson:

"I didn't do it"

Hmmm ... have you tried running it from the command line with strace?

As in "strace -o vlc.txt vlc".

Then you could look at the end of "vlc.txt", to see what library was
being used when the crash occurred.

One other option is to try someone else's compilation - and maybe an
earlier version, like 0.6 or 0.7.

I have rpm sets for both those versions (around 10-11 megs for full
set of rpms).  I can arrange some way for you to receive them, to
try at your own risk^H^H^H^Hpleasure.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge