Re: [K12OSN] Tux Paint question

Thanks, I found the answer in a preference file accesable under root and changed the save location to the desktop.

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 06:23:37PM -0600, John P. Conlon wrote:

Is there a way to make the Tux Paint saved folder visible to the users
without showing them the rest of the files in the Tux Paint folder.
Preferably, please without having to do each user individually.  My
students are doing a project that requires originally created graphics
and need to be able to incorporate these graphics with text.

(Just so folks know, the new "tuxpaint-users"[*] mailing list is also
a good place for questions like this. ;^)  I'm trying to drum up postings!)

The "--savedir ..." option (or "savedir=..." in Tux Paint's config file)
might do the trick.  It could also be possible to use a symbolic link to
expose the standard saved-files directory.

Let me know whether either of these work.  If not, I'll put some more
brain power to it, and/or talk to you about possible tweaks for future
versions of Tux Paint, to make this easier for adminly folk like yourself. :)

Thx!

-bill!

[*] http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/lists/