Re: [K12OSN] Regressions after yum update

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 mrok12osn eastgranby k12 ct us wrote:

After doing a yum update on Wed., I ran into problems.  The following two
issues may impact Dell PowerEdge uses.  They certainly affected our Dell
PowerEdge 2800.

1.  Radeon 7000 video issue with the SMP kernel causes an almost immediate
crash after logging into the graphics console.  See bug 152648 in
bugzilla.  It does not impact the non-smp kernel.  The problem is caused
by the xorg-x11 updates.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the test xorg-x11 packages listed in the third bugzilla comment?

2. hwclock problem in the updated kernel. See bug 144894 in bugzilla.

There is a new kernel (2.6.11) in the Fedora testing queue. Hopefully that will fix this one.

Comment #7 in bugzilla lists two potential fixes/work-arounds.

-Eric