Re: [K12OSN] WINE not working on 4.2.0 - SOLVED

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Olle Niit wrote:

I found answer for my question.

Problem comes with initscripts-7.93.7-1
If remove this rpm and install initscripts-7.93.2-1
and reboot then wine works again.

That is fascinating, I don't see any changes between the two version that I would expect to cause problems with wine.

There are a lot of config files in the initscripts package. I wonder if you had a troublesome entry in
one of them that was replaced when you down-graded
the package?

If a config file was replaced, it should have saved
a copy with a *.rpmsave extention. Try running this
little script to see if you have any *.rpmsave
files associated with the initscripts package:

for file in `rpm -qc initscripts` ;
do [ -f ${file}.rpmsave ] && echo ${file} ; done

-Eric