Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp 4.2.1 & squid

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 bear2bar netscape net wrote:

Hi & HELP !!!

We had k12ltsp with Dansguardian working until someone pulled the plug, literally, on the servers and crashed them. We're trying to rebuild the k12ltsp server with web filtering and monitoring. Prevent the kids from going to inappropriate sites. So I tried Squid w SquidGuard with Webmin but have not been able t oget it working. amongst the many errors is "squid failed init_cache_dir /var/spool/squid failed".

Any suggestions for an easy solution?

What do the log files say?

	/var/log/squid/cache.log
	/var/log/messages

The squid cache log will usually give you the details of what is going on.

If it is a SELinux issue, you will see "AVC" errors in /var/log/messages.

-Eric