[K12OSN] Regressions after yum update

mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us
Mon Apr 11 14:04:14 UTC 2005

Hi again Eric,

The updated xorg-x11 rpm's still cause a crash with an smp kernel.  Below
is my add on to the bug 152648.

"I am having the same problem with a Dell 2800.  The problem only occurs with
an smp kernel.  I do not have the problem with a non smp kernel.  I tried the
FC3.13.fdo1912 RPM's and the crash still occurs almost immediately after I
enter my user name and password into the graphics console (level 5).

With the above RPM's, I commented out the

    load "dri"

line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and, with this change and with the smp kernel,
this
is a workaround."