Re: [K12OSN] anyone have usb/pen drives working?

[root ltsp rc.d]# cat usbstart #!/bin/bash

#
# First, since floppyd runs as nobody, make /tmp world accessible.
#

chmod 777 /tmp
mkdir /tmp/dev
chmod 777 /tmp/dev

#
# Second, probe for the floppy
#
#modprobe scsi_mod
#modprobe sg
modprobe usb-storage

#
# Third, make the floppy world accessible.
#
mknod /tmp/dev/sdb b 8 0
mknod /tmp/dev/sdb1 b 8 1
chmod 666 /tmp/dev/sd*

#
# Finally, start floppyd.
#

floppyd -d /tmp/dev/sdb1

that is the script from /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.d directory file 'usbstart'...

--Huck

Barry R Cisna wrote:
Hello List,

    Does anyone have a good /surefire fix,,for using usb/pen drives on
K12LTSP 4.2.0?
    Id like to use this ,along with floppy access ,as well, just to keep
everyone,in the school happy.

    I did have usbdrives, working on 4.1.1 a few moons ago but updtaed all
servers to 4.2.0 and now,I cant get usb /pen drives to see MtoolsFM,,utilty?
Don't knwo why,,either:(..

Any recipes,,for a fix to this?

Thanks,,

    Barry CIsna