[K12OSN] users kicked out on 4.2.1

Dear Folks,
	after upgrading my 3.2.0 production server to 4.2.1 (pre), I
started experiencing sudden user logouts and station inability to get a
login screen. This looks as if the MaxSessions in gdm.conf was
too low, but the bad behavior continues after changing this number from
250 to 2500 and rebooting. What am I missing here? The users are beginning
to riot.
thanks, julius