[K12OSN] Tuxpaint saving location

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 11 22:03:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 01:46:29PM -0700, jconlon1 at elp.rr.com wrote:
> In the tuxpaint.conf file there are some lines that talk about saving in an alternate location.  Removing the # from the front of the line and altering the line to the desired location does not work.
>
> The original line is as follows:
> save-~/.tuxpaint/saved

Hrm, that looks wrong.

> The desired line is:
> saved=~/home/desktop

As does this. :^/

In either case, the line should be "savedir=...", and I'm actually not 100%
sure that a "~" will work in this case.  (I can't remember if that's just
a shell nicety or if the C "fopen()" call inside Tux Paint will be able to
figure out that "~" maps to, say, "/home/someperson".)

> What am I doing wrong?
> Do I need to copy and paste this line someplace else?

Anywehre in that file should work. :^)

> How do I solve this problem.
>
> I am running K12LTSP 4.2.2 with the most current updates.

Try with "savedir=" and see if that works.  (Now that I think of it, if
"~" or "$HOME" don't end up getting processed as we expect, I should add
some code inside Tux Paint to do it for us.)

Admittedly, the "savedir" option originally came about to allow for
"H:\somefolder\" specifications in Tux Paint under Windows, which would
explain why it's not very well-tested.

:)

--
-bill!