Re: [K12OSN] Help: hangs after loading vmlinuz ... Done

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, John L Bartelt wrote:

I recently inherited a bunch of Athalon K7 diskless boxes that I want to add
to my LTSP cluster. They etherboot without problem but hang after the
following output on the client:

Nothing on the server messages to indicate a problem. I'm not trying to
start X, just using shell. I'm wondering if I need a different kernel or is
it nfs not mounting? vmlinuz.ltsp links to vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-2.

Any suggestions?

Do these boxes have a cdrom or floppy drive? (or some other way to boot them?).

I'd test 'em out with knoppix or something similar to make sure they
work.

I have tried to use an Athlon K7 as a terminal, but I use my Athlon 64
laptop as a test terminal on a regular basis.

-Eric