Re: [K12OSN] The vncserver in k12ltsp

Trond Mæhlum wrote:
Can someone give me some information about the vncserver in K12LTSP? I
know it works by default. I use this function a lot. Both from Windows
and other Linux workstations. It's a great way to log onto the server!

I have set up a new testserver. It's based on Debian Sarge and I have
installed the LTSP*.deb packages. Everything checks out, but I can not
find out how to add the Xvnc? part of K12LTSP. If K12LTSP is supposed to
support Ubuntu as well in the near future, I suppose there is a Debian
way of getting this excellent function going. But How?

Regards

Trond Maehlum

There are no debs at the moment, but it is pretty simple just to copy it from one box to another.

From one of your K12LTSP boxes, copy /etc/xinet.d/vnc (or vncts) to the Debian box.

Next, cut-n-paste the vnc-* entries from /etc/services from K12LTSP to
Debian.

Restart xinetd.

Done!

-Eric