Re: [K12OSN] GNUChess

Sudev Barar wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 20:24 +0200, M.Pribik wrote:

I have the same experience with cca 100% utilisation of CPU by GNUchess. I
have 3GHz hyperthreading P4.
CPU1 and CPU2 cyclicly alternates between cca. zero and cca. 100%.
Marian.

[SNIP]

See my message sometimes last summers. The only way to protect your LTSP
setup is to remove the program as by default it sucks up as much
resources as available to do its computation. Alternatively you have to
run it with higher nice level. Maybe some guru can point HOWTO.

You might try adding it to /etc/verynice.conf as a "hungryexe" and cranking up the badkarmarate, if you're using verynice.

--
Dan Young
Parkrose School District