Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp 4.2.1 & squid

bear2bar netscape net wrote:
Hi Eric,

Yes squidguard service starts but no filtering occurs. When I run /var/log/squid/squid.out I get the same message as before ??
If I comment out the visible_hostname I get;
"Stoping squid: /etc/init.d/squidguard: line 83: 8992 aborted   $SQUID -k check -f /etc/squid/squid-squidGuard.conf 3>/dev/null"
&
Starting squid: /etc/init.d/squidguard: line 54: 8993 aborted   $SQUID -k check -f /etc/squid/squid-squidGuard.conf 3>/dev/null"

I checked that the host is listed in hosts & resolv.conf is right ... now what ... reinstall ? :o)

thks
norbert

Reinstalling would be the hard-way to fix it, but it is always an option.

I'm still leaning towards you have a small typo somewhere and/or your
DNS is screwed up.

Can you email me a copy of your /etc/squid/squid-squidGuard.conf,
/etc/resolv.conf, and /etc/hosts?

Also run tail on /var/log/squid/cache.log, /var/log/squid/squid.out, and
/var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log and include the output.

Since those are fairly large, please email them directly to me rather
than to the list.

-Eric