Re: [K12OSN] LTSP, WINE, RDesktop & Sound

Casey Woods wrote:

We have approximately 120 Windows 2000 computers that are mostly Dell Optiplexes. They have lots of memory and are running as well as can be

[snip]

My concern is providing sound to the LTSP clients. And specifically for providing sound for a few Windows applications that just won't go away.

I can't help with Windows but if you have any issue with the Optiplexes, they may have ISA sound cards. I struggled with sound for a while and gave up. Then recently I realized that the on-board card on some Compaqs (and then our Dells) were ISA. It never crossed my mind that fairly recent machines (PIIs) would have on board ISA.

Once I provided the correct driver, io, irq and dma in the lts.conf file everything worked.

Tim