Re: [K12OSN] users kicked out on 4.2.1

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

I upped the ping interval to 30 seconds, to no avail. one station spontaneously lost display twice, but over the course of the week it happened to all the stations. Maybe switches - relatively new HP Procurve, limited management capability. I am now running continous ping to the station that had most problems. I wonder if I'll see any packet loss. My gut feeling (and I do have a considerable gut) is that this is -not- a hardware issue. I'll concentrate on watching one station and I'll get all the data about it from the /var/log/messages at the end of the day. Maybe it will point us to something. The ping now running will tell us if there is a real networking issue, or is gdm imagining something. thanks, julius

If this turns out to be a GDM-specific bug, you can turn this feature off completely by setting the ping interval to 0.

PingIntervalSeconds=0

-Eric