Re: [K12OSN] Mobile Wireless Lab?

knoppix didn't like a laptop I tried it on...
P2-500 only 32 megs of ram might have had 64...
it wanted 128 i think...and loaded SLOW AS MOLASSES!

--Huck

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 08:15, casey woods wrote:

Does anybody have a suggestion for a Linux desktop for older machines
that has good wireless support?

Has anybody tried Thinstation, PXES, or any other thin solutions with
wireless laptops?

I've been too lazy to do this myself, but I think it should be a
really trivial modification to a knoppix iso to make it start
as a thin client.  You can do it manually by booting with
'knoppix 2' at the boot prompt, then 'X -query server' when you
get the shell prompt. That way you get about the best hardware
detection and support you'll find.  The rest of the CD is overkill
but the price is right.