Re: [K12OSN] Yum Update and DHCPD Problems

Steve Hargadon wrote:
I had some problems last week after doing a yum update on a K12 4.2
machine at a school with 60 client machines.  All the client specific
settings (mouse, display, etc.) were over-written and I had to replace
the /etc/dhcpd.conf file with a backup.

Today on another server I'm preparing for a small public school lab,
with K12 4.2 loaded, I did a yum update and then noticed that there
were problems acquiring IP addresses by other machines on the regular
network here.  Eth1 on the server is, of course, hooked into that
network, so I checked and the /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd file seemes to have
been blanked--so I think that the local router and the LTSP server (on
eth1) were competing to give out IP addresses and conflicting with
each other.  When I added DHCPDARGS="eth0" and saved the file, all was
good again.

Now, maybe I created the problem somehow, but with my problems last
week I wondered if anyone else is having some funny issues after yum
update...?

Steve

I recently fixed the problem with dhcpd.conf.

I'm not sure about the lts.conf, the src.rpm for that is on my home
server...

Worse-case the old file is saved as dhcpd.conf.rpmsave or lts.conf.rpmsave

-Eric