Re: [K12OSN] Anyone have a recipe for S3 Unichrome display

On 4/16/05, Barry R Cisna <brcisna frontiernet net> wrote:
>     Does anyone have a good recipe for the S3 Unichrome display driver

Don't know if anything will work right now. But VIA just released
their drivers for this hardware Open Source a few days ago. Here is
the press release,

http://www.via.com.tw/en/resources/pressroom/2005_archive/pr050412_driversource.jsp

Basically, open source drivers of the UniChrome family display driver
which supports the VIA CLE266 and the new VIA CN400 Digital Media
chipsets featured on the popular VIA EPIA M series and VIA EPIA SP
series mainboards. In addition to the VIA ProSavage and ProSavage DDR.
I think it may take a while before Xorg ships it though.

I hope Nvidia and ATI get the message that they are in the business of
selling hardware not software.

--
Robert Arkiletian