Re: [K12OSN] Open Source Curriculum Site?

Wikipedia has an open content text book section.

I've been using moodle for awhile now and, though it's not perfect, it's the best of all that I've tested. There is some content available for sharing via the moodle site but not a lot. The hang up there is that there isn't any 'publish content' feature in moodle. If publishing content was made easier for users, then more people would do it. I think the best way to get more curriculum into the wild is to focus on large installed bases... like moodle. Make it easier for users to publish and they will.

best
Dennis

Steve Hargadon wrote:

Has anyone created a website for collaboration on Open Source
curricula for schoolteachers?  Maybe something with moodle or drupal?

Seems like a ready resource for classroom instructional materials
would be a good pull to bring devoted teachers to Open Source.  And
likely a necessary step for helping expand k12ltsp into schools
without an Open Source technical guru.

If it exists, I'd like to be able to point people to it.  If it
doesn't exist, is it something others feel is worth creating?

-- lost and found: www.dennisgdaniels.com http://del.icio.us/ddaniels http://dgd.stumbleupon.com/ dennisgdaniels gmail com 951 347 9711 skype: dennisdaniels

EOF

begin:vcard
fn:Dennis Daniels
n:Daniels;Dennis
adr:;;826 East Cameron Ave;West Covina;CA;91790-4219;USA
email;internet:ddaniels magic fr
tel;work:909  971 8230
tel;fax:815 642 4035
tel;home:skype: dennisdaniels