Re: [K12OSN] how about a live CD or live usb hard drive?

I think he's talking about having a server configured on a USB hard disk that can be plugged into the fancy new machines turning them into LTSP servers.

cliebow downeast net wrote:
how bout an etherboot floppy disk??
 I think this would be a cool and convenient way to

show off K12LTSP to schools.  I'm thinking
specifically of a school that is local to me which has
a newish P4 in every classroom.  I'd like to show them
that they can turn each of those desktop machines into
a server and add 5 or so thin clients to each
classroom.  I think if I could plug in a usb hard
drive and boot their existing computer off of it (and
provide my own thin clients), it would really drive
the point home.

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there.  I don't
know if a live CD or a live usb hard drive ve

rsion

would perform quickly enough to be impressive to
anybody...

-Rob

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide